On 1st February 2018 union budget of India will be announce by Arun jaitley for development of india. There is lot of things in budget but i will tell you about technology related announcements. We know that India is on 2nd rank in population and around 70% of Indians lives in rural area and remaining 30% live in urban area, because of this indian government launch a budget which is very useful for rural development in TECH and provide good service in rural area.
The words which will be says by arun jaitley
- Today global economy is transforming into a digital economy there is a lot of technology like machine learning, artificial intelligence, internet of things, 3D printing and the like. Initiatives like Digital India, Start Up India, Make in India, would help India establish itself as a knowledge and digital society. NITI Aayog will initiate a national program to direct our efforts in the area of artificial intelligence, including research and development of its applications.
- Cyber and physical systems have great potential to transform not only innovation ecosystem but also our economies and the way we live. To invest in research, training and skilling in robotics, artificial intelligence, digital manufacturing, big data analysis, quantum communication and internet of things, Department of Science & Technology will launch a Mission on Cyber Physical Systems to support establishment of centres of excellence. I have doubled the allocation on Digital India programme to 3073 crore in 2018-19.
- There is a task of connecting one lakh gram panchayat through high speed optical fiber network has been completed under phase of the Bharatnet project. This has enabled broadband access to over 20 crore rural Indians in about two lakh fifty thousand villages. The Government also proposes to setup five lakh wi-fi hotspots which will provide broadband access to five crore rural citizens. I have provided 10000 crore in 2018-19 for creation and augmentation of Telecom infrastructure.
- To harness the benefit of emerging new technologies, particularly the ‘Fifth Generation’ (5G) technologies and its adoption, the Department of Telecom will support establishment of an indigenous 5G Test Bed at IIT, Chennai.
- Distributed ledger system or the block chain technology allows organization of any chain of records or transactions without the need of intermediaries. The Government does not consider crypto-currencies legal tender or coin and will take all measures to eliminate use of these crypto-assets in financing illegitimate activities or as part of the payment system. The Government will explore use of block chain technology proactively for ushering in digital economy.
- The system of toll payments physically by cash at road toll plazas is being fast replaced with Fastags and other electronic payment systems to make road travel seamless. Number of Fastags has gone up from about 60,000 in December, 2016 to more than 10 lakh now. From December, 2017 all class ‘‘M’’ and ‘‘N’’ vehicles are being sold only with the Fastags. The Government will come out with a policy to introduce toll system on ‘‘pay as you use’’ basis.
- In order to create employment and aid growth, Government’s estimated budgetary and extra budgetary expenditure on infrastructure for 2018-19 is being increased to 5.97 lakh crore against estimated expenditure of 4.94 lakh crore in 2017-18.
Top Announcements TECH Budget
- Wifi Hotspots:- To install 5 lakh wifi hotspots in villages of india and connect upto 5 crore people.
- Cryptocurrency:- Indian governments says crypocurrency is not a legal tender.
- Import Duties on Mobile Devices:- If any mobile company import mobile from out of india so they have to give more tax upto 20%, because of this some mobile gone to be more expensive. If mobile is not made in india.
- Indian Railways:- Wifi networks on 600 railways station and numbers will be increase in 2019 opto 8500 railway station and camera in trains and wifi in trains in budget of 148000 crore INR.
- 99 Smart Cities Development:- Development of 99 smart cities in budget of 204000 crore INR.
- 5G service:- The Department of Telecom will support establishment of an indigenous 5G Test Bed at IIT, Chennai.
- Mobile Phone Tracking:- To tracking mobile device in a advance without any sim cards or IMEI number in budget of 15 crore INR.
- DST:- Invest 3073 crore INR, in department of science and technology to improve machine learning, artificial intelligence, internet of things, 3D printing and a lot.